Addressing the increasing need for research and consultancy on thermal and energy-related issues in buildings, as well as green building issues is the company’s core business. EAG provides a range of services including consultancy and pre-design analysis, assisting architects and engineers to make the right decision, the first time.
EAG Consulting is a multidisciplinary group comprising of building physics specialists, services engineers, building simulation specialists, Quantity surveyors, lifecycle costs analysts and waste management experts. We offer a range and complete suit of services related to sustainable building and green building certification Other that general advisory services for sustainability such as developing viable sustainable design strategies into projects to optimize overall energy and environmental performance including expertise and experience, the ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders and project team members, in particular energy and day lighting analysis capabilities. We promote an integrated sustainable design process starting with a sustainable design workshop / charrette.
Our group strongly believes in the fast and effective integration of building analysis and empirical data into sustainable design process and empowering sustainability and analysis through strong visuals that can have an impact on strategies and affective communication into all aspects of a project.
Sustainable Design Concept Formulation & Assesment
The design unit in EAG works with architectural and planning consultants to assist in Sustainable Concept formulation. Sustainable concepts range from ideas in sustainability and creative inputs. It allows green building targets to be more easily achieved in design development and detailing stage
- Proposed ISIS HQ for ISIS competition with Puteh Kamariah architects
- Project Medinat Al Gharbia
- Proposed Mosque in Central KL
Sustainable Advisory Services
Green building certification services
Projects are on-going and currently cannot be named due to client confidentiality
- Airport – EAG is appointed as LEED AND GBI consultant for a masterplan for a local airport to achieve certification target
- Hospital – EAG appointed as Malaysian GBI consultant for a local hospital design and construction
- Retail mall- EAG is appointed as LEED consultant to achieve certification under USGBC’s LEED
Building Energy efficiency – Analysis and prediction
As part of sustainable services, EAG provides services of energy simulation using simulation tools to assist architectural and M n E teams to implement design decision making to achieve the energy efficient target and building energy intensity targets.
Building energy intensity targets are a requirement under Green Building
Building Energy Audit and Assessment
Energy Audit is a systematic evaluation of a building current energy consumption in order to set a benchmark for improvement or as part of measurement and verification services. EAG can undertaken field energy audit in both active and passive areas
- KLIA Passive technical audit
- Serdang Hospital - A short energy audit study for undertaken in Serdang Hospital
- Sustainable Master planning - Proposed Grand Expansion of Al Haram mosque
- Bioclimatic enhancement -Wind chimney design – Ganendra House
- Atrium roof profile – TTDI Plaza
- Atrium roof design – Space u8 Mixed Development